At NuBoyana FX we are focused on providing top quality visual effects, animation and VR experiences for larger scale film productions, commercials and music videos. Our passionate team gathers people who have worked at some of the biggest and best VFX companies in the world. Because of that we are constantly on the lookout for new talent. The NBFX signature is a mix of creative thought, the latest of technology and a strong personal touch. We care for the people we work with, both inside and outside of the studio.
Nu Boyana Portugal is recruiting 3D Generalists. Are you ready to join a fast-growing team with new exciting projects to come?
Generalists create photo-real environments and landscapes and exhibit a strong foundation in photo-realistic, traditional, and digital art skills with an emphasis on landscapes. They work with live action footage, digital still photography, rendered computer graphic elements, and digital paint to create environments that are seamlessly integrated into assigned shotwork.
- Texture skills would match this competence level, i.e. able to create maps in 2D and set up basic shaders for look development.
- Good understanding of the physics of light, how this interacts with the camera and how to create basic lighting setups in complex shaders (like hard surface type materials) that look convincing and render efficiently
- Can respond to feedback to dial in the look of the element before handing to final comp.
- Create original 2D and 3D content that may comprise part or all of an environment
- Creates multiple types of mattes from simple to moderately difficult and allocates detail based on the shot and feedback
- Participates in team reviews of work under development
- Mentors Apprentice and Jr. Artists and must be able to assist them with their shots
- Meets defined milestones within a timeline by attending dailies and participating in creative problem solving
- Sources suitable reference materials for required assets
- At least five years of relevant professional VFX experience
- Proven ability in one or more CG techniques, including modeling, texturing, shading, lighting, look development, or compositing
- Demo reel required
- High level of problem solving or creative thinking skills
- Fluent in Photoshop
- Fluent in 3dsmax, Maya or similar
- Fluent in Arnold or similar ray trace renderer
- Comparable software experience considered
- Strong knowledge and ability in perspective, value matching 35mm photography, physics of light and motion
- Understanding 2D compositing software
- Previous experience with Houdini is a plus
What we offer
- Initial fixed-term contract with option to be upgraded to permanent contract
- International environment
- Passionate, dedicate and cooperative team
- A team you can trust
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.