At NuBoyana FX we are focused on providing top quality visual effects, animation and VR experiences for larger scale film productions, commercials and music videos. Our passionate team gathers people who have worked at some of the biggest and best VFX companies in the world. Because of that we are constantly on the lookout for new talent. The NBFX signature is a mix of creative thought, the latest of technology and a strong personal touch. We care for the people we work with, both inside and outside of the studio.
Nu Boyana FX Portugal is recruiting a Junior IT. Are you ready to join a fast-growing team with new exciting projects?
The Junior Systems Administrator assists in supporting all technical operations of our studio locations. Day-to-day tasks include basic help desk support as well as the general preparation and maintenance of critical and periphery infrastructure. Junior Systems Administrators are also expected to continually learn and grow with the team.
- Installation and maintenance of team workstations and other auxiliary equipment.
- Provide organization-wide help desk support.
- Network structure development and maintenance.
- Support and maintenance of different network services (data storage, licenses, active directory, ftp, vpn, firewall, WiFi APs)
- System analysis and metrics/KPIs monitoring.
- Assist in addressing business and technical needs
- Timely completion of tasks assigned
- Learn open and proprietary hardware and software systems
- Stay current with industry standards and emerging technologies
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in a computer science, engineering, physics or mathematics
- Or 2+ years experience in a systems administration role
- Preferred experience in Visual effects industry, gaming industry or software entertainment industry
- Team player with ability to work individually
- Ability to deliver milestones/tasks under tight deadlines
- Fundamental understanding of, and experience using and supporting:
- Windows, Mac OS X and Linux desktop and server systems.
- Network infrastructure and standard communication protocols.
- Local and networked storage systems and Active Directory servers.
- Ability to:
- Work independently and in a team
- Work flexible hours
- Work effectively under pressure
- Learn quickly and independently
- Be highly organized
- Quickly and methodically troubleshoot and solve problems
- Effectively communicate technical ideas to “non-technical” people
- Effectively time management (especially one’s own) and resources
- Render farms or high performance, distributed computing and storage clusters
What we offer
- Initial fixed-term contract with the possibility to become permanent contract
- International, passionate and dedicated team
- Creative environment
- A team you can trust
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.