Our future Senior 3D Character Artist will be a nice person to work with, with love for the film and gaming worlds. They will be experienced in either (or both) of these two industries, with a portfolio to showcase their skills. (Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.)
Within the studio, they will be responsible for creating 3D characters which meet both the client brief and the technical needs of the other departments. Our Senior artist shouldn’t shy away from guiding and giving feedback to more junior artists and sharing useful know-how within the team.
- Works with the production team to determine the realistic timeframe for delivery of an asset.
- Responsible for creation of an asset from the concept stage to its completion, with textures and all utility maps
- Participates as a team member in determining various design solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis.
- Mentors junior and mid-level artists.
- Maintains consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high-quality work.
Education / Experience
- A strong sense of surface development, anatomy and mechanical functionality.
- Relevant university education is a plus.
- Proven experience creating organic objects in a production environment – films, games, commercials and/or music videos.
- Texture painting and UV layout experience.
- At least 4 years of experience in this specific field.
Required Skills And Technical Competencies
- Proficient in Maya, Mari, Substance, Zbrush, Photoshop and UV unwrapping tools.
- Experience with Unreal Engine is a plus.
- Experience within a studio pipeline workflow.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to learn quickly and assimilate new information.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
What we offer
- Work-from-home pipeline.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible work hours.
- Friendly teammates.
- А freelance contract to start with, with the opportunity to develop into a permanent one.
*All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We are a studio, dedicated to providing top quality VFX, CG characters, animation and motion capture. Whether it’s films, games, commercials or music videos – we bring awesome projects to life. Our experienced team gathers people who have worked at some of the biggest and best VFX and gaming companies in the world. The NBFX signature is a mix of creative thought, the latest of technology and strong personal touch. Our philosophy is rooted in a strong team culture – both within the studio and towards clients we work with.