Generalists create photo-real environments and landscapes and exhibit a strong foundation in photo-realistic, traditional, and digital art skills with an emphasis on landscapes. They work with live action footage, digital still photography, rendered computer graphic elements, and digital paint to create environments that are seamlessly integrated into assigned shotwork.
- Texture skills would match this competence level, i.e. able to create maps in 2D and set up basic shaders for look development.
- Good understanding of the physics of light, how this interacts with the camera and how to create basic lighting setups in complex shaders (like hard surface type materials) that look convincing and render efficiently.
- Can respond to feedback to dial in the look of the element before handing to final comp.
- Create original 2D and 3D content that may comprise part or all of an environment
- Creates multiple types of mattes from simple to moderately difficult and allocates detail based on the shot and feedback
- Participates in team reviews of work under development
- Mentors Apprentice and Jr. Artists and must be able to assist them with their shots
- Meets defined milestones within a timeline by attending dailies and participating in creative problem solving
- Sources suitable reference materials for required assets
- At least five years of relevant professional VFX experience.
- Proven ability in one or more CG techniques, including modeling, texturing, shading, lighting, look development, or compositing;
- Demo reel required
- High level of problem solving or creative thinking skills
- Fluent in Photoshop
- Fluent in 3dsmax, Maya or similar
- Fluent in Vray or similar ray trace renderer
- Comparable software experience considered
- Strong knowledge and ability in perspective, value matching 35mm photography, physics of light and motion
- Understanding 2D compositing software
What we offer
- А permanent position
- Creme de la creme office environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.